Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese
Are you tired of the same old boring grilled cheese sandwich? Do you crave something spicy and flavorful? Well, look no further! I present to you the ultimate comfort food mashup: the buffalo chicken wings grilled cheese with buffalo wing sauce.
This sandwich is so delicious, you’ll forget all about your boring old ham and cheese. Plus, it’s super easy to make with just a few simple ingredients. So, grab your apron and let’s get cooking with sourdough!
Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices of bread
- 2-3 oz of cooked chicken breast
- 2 slices of cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons of buffalo sauce
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- First, heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place one slice of bread in the skillet, buttered side down.
- Add a slice of cheddar cheese on top of the bread.
- Add the cooked chicken on top of the cheese.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of buffalo sauce over the chicken.
- Add another slice of cheddar cheese on top of the chicken.
- Drizzle the remaining buffalo sauce on top of the cheese.
- Place the second slice of bread on top of the cheese, buttered side facing up.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the bottom bread is golden brown.
- Flip the sandwich over and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the other side is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the skillet and let it cool for a minute or two.
- Slice the sandwich in half and serve hot.
Enjoy your delicious and spicy buffalo chicken grilled cheese sandwich!
Can I make this recipe with leftover chicken?
Absolutely! In fact, using leftover shredded chicken breast with white cheddar is a great way to make this buffalo chicken sandwich recipe even easier. Simply shred the chicken and follow the instructions as written. If you don’t have leftover chicken breast on hand, you can also use canned chicken or rotisserie chicken.
How can I make this sandwich less spicy?
If you’re not a fan of spicy food, don’t worry! You can still enjoy this sandwich by adjusting the amount of spicy buffalo sauce or hot sauce you use. Start with a small amount and add more to taste. You can also try using a milder buffalo sauce or mixing the spicy buffalo sauce with some ranch dressing to tone down the heat.
Can I use a different type of cheese?
Of course! While cheddar cheese is a classic choice for grilled cheese sandwiches, you can experiment with different types of cheese to find your favorite combination. Pepper jack, mozzarella, or blue cheese would all be delicious options. Just make sure to use a cheese that melts well, such as Monterey Jack with a touch of white cheddar for added flavor and provolone.
Chicken Skillet grilled cheese
Looking for a new twist on the classic grilled cheese sandwich? Try making a chicken skillet grilled cheese! This chicken sandwich is loaded with juicy chicken, melty cheese, and plenty of flavor.
To make it, simply cook some diced chicken in a skillet with your favorite seasonings, then add your cheese of choice and let it melt. Spoon the buffalo chicken mixture onto slices of bread and sprinkle some cayenne pepper for an extra kick, then grill until crispy.
This chicken sandwich is perfect for lunch or dinner and can be customized to suit any taste preferences. Give it a try and elevate your grilled cheese game!
While this sandwich may not be the healthiest option, it’s a delicious indulgence every once in a while. One serving of buffalo chicken grilled cheese contains approximately 450 calories, 25g of fat, and 40g of carbohydrates. To make it slightly healthier, you can store it in an airtight container, use whole grain bread and reduce the amount of cheese used. Enjoy in moderation!
- How to Make Baked Eggplant Parmesan
- Sausage and Pepper Skewers
- Recipe for oatmeal Meatloaf
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Squash
- Bacon Egg and Cheese Burritos
Can I make this sandwich in a toaster?
I wouldn’t recommend it. Grilling the sandwich on a skillet or griddle is the best way to get that crispy, golden brown exterior and melty cheese on the inside. Plus, the buffalo sauce can make the bread a bit soggy if you try to toast it in a regular toaster. Trust me, it’s worth the extra few minutes to cook it on the stovetop.
Can I add other ingredients to this sandwich?
Absolutely! Feel free to get creative and add your favorite ingredients to this sandwich. Some tasty options could be bacon, avocado, tomato, or even some blue cheese crumbles. Just make sure to not overload the sandwich with melted cheese, or it might be difficult to flip and cook evenly.
In conclusion, the buffalo chicken grilled cheese is a delicious and versatile sandwich that can be easily customized to suit your taste preferences. If you don’t like spicy food, adjust the buffalo sauce or mix it with some ranch dressing to tone down the heat.
Experiment with different types of cheese to find your favorite combination, and feel free to add other ingredients like bacon or avocado. Just make sure to add the chicken mixture to the sandwich and sprinkle some garlic powder on top before cooking it on a skillet or griddle for the best results. Enjoy!
follow on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and pinterest.