Sugar cookies are simple and easy to make yet it will satisfy your big sweet tooth! You must be craving one right now or just the thought of it must be salivating your mouth.
Here is the recipe and method to make these yummy treats.
- 1 baking pan
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups of sugar some more for rolling the dough in
- 2 ounces of cream cheese which is cubed and is at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons of melted or warm butter
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or just lightly oil the baking tray
- In a small bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set this aside.
- To a separate bowl, add sugar and cream cheese. Pour the melted butter over it. Mix these.
- Add in oil, vanilla extract, egg and milk to the wet mixture and whisk!
- Add in the dry ingredients and fold them in until a smooth dough is formed
- Roll 2 tablespoons of the dough into 24 balls and roll them in the extra sugar
- Place these cookies on the previously prepared baking tray and flatten them a little with the help of a flat-bottomed glass
- Bake these 2 inched (in diameter) cookies for 11-13 minutes.
- Let these rest for 2 or 3 minutes before removing them and cooling them off completely on a wire rack.
Turn the pan halfway through for evenly baked cookies.
And your sugar cookies are ready to be enjoyed in this holiday season!
Tools used in this recipe:
- A vanilla extract or vanilla bean of great quality will enhance the flavour of this treat.
- An electrical whisk for better incorporation of ingredients and to avoid any lumps.
- Using cookie cutters will help you have these yummy treats in different shapes.
Fun ways to upgrade sugar cookies:
- Decorate with icing and sprinkles to add a festive touch.
- Try adding chocolate chips or dried fruit to the dough for some extra texture and flavor.
- Sandwich two cookies together with frosting or jam for a fun twist.
- Make them into cookie pops by inserting a lollipop stick before baking and decorating them like a bouquet of flowers.
- Use cookie cutters to make them into fun shapes like stars, hearts, or even your favorite holiday characters.
- No matter how you enjoy them, these sugar cookies are sure to be a hit during the holidays!
Best sugar cookie combos:
Pair these delicious sugar cookies with a cup of hot cocoa for the ultimate winter treat. Or try sandwiching two cookies together with a layer of creamy peanut butter for a sweet and salty combination. For a festive twist, dip half of each cookie in melted white chocolate and sprinkle with crushed candy canes. And for an indulgent treat, spread a layer of Nutella on top of each cookie and enjoy!
Some cooking and baking tips:
- When measuring flour, make sure to use a spoon to scoop and level off the top for accurate measurements.
- Chilling the cookies dough in the fridge before rolling it out for easier handling and less stickiness.
- For added flavor, toast almond or coconut flakes before adding them to the dough.
- When making icing, add liquid gradually to reach desired consistency and avoid making it too thin.
- And most importantly, don’t forget to have fun and enjoy the process and baking time.
Putting Sugar cookies in the freezer
Putting your sugar cookies in the freezer is a great way to make them last longer. Once your cookies have completely cooled, place them in an airtight container and store them in the freezer for up to three months. When you’re ready to enjoy them, simply take them out of the freezer and let them thaw at room temperature for a few minutes. They’ll taste just as delicious as they did when they were freshly baked!
How to make them chewy
If you prefer your sugar cookies to be chewy, try adding a little bit of brown sugar to the recipe. Brown sugar contains more moisture than white sugar, which will give your cookies a chewier texture. You can also try reducing the amount of flour in the recipe or adding an extra egg yolk for added moisture.
Don’t forget to chill the dough before baking as this can also contribute to a chewier texture. Experiment with these tips and soon you’ll have perfectly chewy sugar cookies every time!
Decorating sugar cookies
Decorating sugar cookies is a fun and creative activity that can be enjoyed with family and friends. There are countless ways to decorate sugar cookies, from simple sprinkles to intricate designs using royal icing. The key to successful cookie decorating is to have the right tools, including piping bags, tips, and food coloring.
With a little practice and patience, anyone can create beautiful and delicious decorated sugar cookies that are perfect for any occasion. So gather your supplies, put on some holiday music, and let your imagination run wild!
Easy Sugar Cookies For Christmas (Or Any Holiday!)
Christmas is the perfect time to bake some delicious sugar cookies that everyone in the family can enjoy. These easy-to-make sugar cookies are perfect for any holiday or occasion and require only a few ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen.
The best part about these cookies is that you can decorate them with icing, sprinkles, or any other toppings of your choice to make them even more festive. So why wait? Whip up a batch of these tasty sugar cookies this Christmas and spread the joy and love with your loved ones!
Best types of Sugar Cookie icing
When it comes to icing cookies, there are many options to choose from. Royal icing is a classic choice that dries hard and smooth, making it perfect for intricate designs and details. Buttercream icing is another popular option that is softer and creamier than royal icing, and can be easily colored and flavored to match your preferences.
Cream cheese icing adds a tangy flavor to your cookies and pairs well with fruit-flavored cookies. If you want a quick and easy option, simply drizzle some melted chocolate or caramel over your cookies for a decadent touch. Experiment with different types of icing until
Buttercream frosting is the perfect accompaniment to sugar cookies, adding a deliciously sweet and creamy flavor. To make buttercream frosting, you’ll need unsalted butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and heavy cream. Simply beat the butter until it’s light and fluffy, then add in the powdered sugar gradually.
Once fully mixed, add in the vanilla extract and heavy cream to create a smooth consistency. Spread the frosting over your cooled cookies for an indulgent treat that’s sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
Tips and Tricks for making the best Sugar Cookies
- Use the stand mixer your grandma sent you
- Use a baking sheet for your homemade sugar cookies
- All purpose flour works best to bake cookies
- Never eat raw cookie dough
- For using a hand mixer use a large bowl
- Mix with Chocolate chip cookie with your soft sugar cookies
- Can be stored in the fridge or freezer and reheated in the microwave
- For best results the first time and every time, use an electric mixer
- Making the best sugar cookie recipe needs the right amount of flour mixture
- Use a stick of butter to your cookie sheet
- Wrap in plastic wrap for storage and use every inch
- Try to use shortbread for sweetness
Best time to eat sugar cookies
Sugar cookies are a versatile treat that can be enjoyed any time of year, but they are especially popular during the holiday season. These sweet treats go perfectly with a warm cup of cocoa and make excellent party favors or gifts for loved ones.
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
- Simple Pumpkin Pie
- Recipe for Simple Peach Cobbler
- Make Apple Cake
Should sugar cookies be soft or crispy?
As with many things in life, the answer to this question is subjective and depends on personal preference. Some people prefer their sugar cookies to be soft and chewy, while others prefer a crispier texture.
Cookies are a delicious and versatile treat that can be enjoyed year-round. Whether you’re decorating them with family and friends or simply indulging in a sweet treat on your own, there’s no denying the appeal of these classic cookies. So next time you’re in the mood for something sweet, whip up a batch of cookies and enjoy!
Follow on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.